Provided services :
In the six first months, …
In the first six months, Expert Farmer has provided a full package of services from irrigation network optimization to first seeding operations. FGM designed and planned all the farm setup including:
- Crop planning for alfalfa, corn, sorghum and Rhodes grass with conservative soil preparation, seeding program, fertilization and plant protection program,
- Harvest plan including mowing to bale collection with raking and baling operations,
- Equipment recommendation integrating technical specification for best practices such as minimum tillage, support on purchasing,
- Workshop design with specific maintenance tool,
- Writing standard operation procedures for cultural activities and business plan optimization.
FGM was also involved in the HR management process. Based on the farm organization chart, the staff selection and training was implemented, from farm management team to crop operations with onsite and abroad recruitment sessions.
Once on site, all workers and managers were trained with best agricultural practices for crop, irrigation, maintenance and warehouse departments. The farm organization including the management team has been designed by our team of experts.
After six month of operation
After six month of operation, the project was fully operational with 2000 ha seeded. The investor required a long term technical and management support service. FGM provided a full time onsite management expert teaming with local staff. We provided daily:
- Work organization, training and evaluation of operators,
- Management and technical meeting,
- Agronomic follow-up and crop management according to daily field condition,
- Irrigation monitoring by pivot,
- Record keeping of operations and budget control.
- Economic analysis to optimize profitability hand to hand with business plan evolution.
After 2 years of operation, cultivated area reaches 3000 ha and produces approx. 40 000 MT/year.