Provided services :
Feasibility study …
FGM has performed an overall assessment of the project, from the site conditions (soil, water, situation) to the Nigerian market to provide the investor a detailed feasibility study, including:
- Project assessment: evaluation of the potential of the selected site for developing large scale rice production;
- Farm design: definition of technical, infrastructure and HR requirements for developing the farming estate as agreed with the global strategy;
- Business plan: economic assessment, investment, profitability, cash flow, etc.;
- Final study: global evaluation of the project, including social investment with local communities.
Quality of the feasibility study has been commended by the investor.
Following the strategy defined in the feasibility study, the investor requested support services for the project inception. FGM provides its technical and managerial expertise to perform the following services:
- Supervision of additional technical studies (geotechnical, soil survey, hydrological, etc.);
- Definition of energy supply system with renewables energies;
- Identification of HR needs, recruitment and training;
- Selection of service providers for construction works, irrigation networks set-up, farm equipment;
- Workshop with the local communities to define the organization of the cooperative of smallholders;
- Project management team: engineering and technical expertise to set up the farm and the infrastructures and to start rice production in line with the agreed development plan.